Monday, April 30, 2018

All Quiet on the Western Front

Greetings! I'll start with some tough news to share. As you know, I've missed several days this year because of my mother's illness. I went out to be with her last weekend and late Sunday night, she passed away. I will be here in Philadelphia for the week for the funeral and sitting shiva. I know it is a challenge for you to get started on a new book but I'm sure you'll not only be fine but also do a great job with it.

I'll keep it simple this week with a lot of reading time. If you'd like, you can use the link to listen to the audiobook - it's not excellent, and there are noises and ads, but I know many of you will find it to be helpful.

Also, here are links to the new calendar, although only the first week is filled in:
Today you'll spend the first part of class sharing some of the research you did yesterday. 
Then, you'll have the rest of the period to read (and listen, if you'd like).
The goal is to complete reading pages 1-50, chapters 1-3, by class on Thursday / Friday.

Homework over the next night depends on how much reading you get done during class today and tomorrow (you'll have most of the period tomorrow).

Enjoy the start of the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment