Sunday, January 7, 2018

Othello - Final Essay - Crafting a Thesis part I

Happy Monday! Happy last week of first semester!

Last week when I first shared the final exam with you I asked you to create a document called "initial brainstorming." Please open it now.

  1. In that document, I asked you to choose one of the three topics and to write your initial thoughts about it. As a reminder, the three possible topics are:
    1. Persuasion and Manipulation
    2. Power
    3. Being and Seeing or Appearance and Reality
  2. Re-read what you wrote there. If you like it and want to stay with that topic, great. If not, choose one of the other two.
  3. Spend the next ten minutes looking through your journal entries about Othello. Find 2 or more quotations related to this topic - quotations you think you might even use in your essay. Type these quotations into your document.
  4. While you are thinking about your journal responses, please go ahead and complete this short survey about the work in your journal. I will be collecting them at the end of the period and I want to know your sense of the work you did there.
  5. Here is a link to the thesis development worksheet we used earlier in the semester. We'll use it again today to guide our work.
*Note - I will not be collecting any of the preparatory work we do this week. This is your final exam and it is up to you to use my feedback and the work we've done together all year to make sure you are submitting your best possible essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment